SDMCC - Home Page
HomeAboutMembershipCalendarGalleryNewsBookingsContact
 
 

About

The Southampton & District Motorcycle Club was founded in January 1944 by members of the 12th HANTS. H.G. RECCE PLATOON. For many years the club organised and ran official ‘TRIALS’ and ‘ROAD RACING’ events and were the first motorcycle club to use Thruxton as a road racing circuit. The club still organises smaller events to this day.

The original S&DMCC clubhouse was in Southampton. with the club moving to Eastleigh during the 1970s. The clubhouse is open to members on Friday nights between 8pm & 11pm with licensed bar and hot drinks and food. Visitors are most welcome on club nights.The full history of the club and premises is available in PDF format here

As far as motor sport is concerned the club is a shadow of its former self but is today run by a group of hard working forward thinking people who hope to leave a thriving club to future generations of motorcyclists. The full sporting history of the club is available in PDF format here.

On the 26th November 2004 the club became a company limited by guarantee. The information on this site is copyright and can only be reproduced with the permission of the S&DMCC. Information can be downloaded and used by individuals but not in connection with any other club, business or organisation.


 

 

Patron: Murray Walker O.B.E.
President: Peter Wildsmith
Vice Presidents: Edna Boden and
Tony Kenward

Members Forum

Members Forum

 

 
 
 
  Serv Hampshire  
HomeAboutMembershipCalendarGalleryNewsBookingsContact